HackCAD/CAM a full featured 2D CAD and CAM application.
CAD/CAM applications can be used both to design a product and exporting CNC code for machining. Models are developed in HackCAD and toolpaths exported for manufacture of parts. A unique feature of HackCAD is that it presents an integrated development environment where Visual Basic and Object Pascal (Delphi) applications can be developed to enhance and automate the process.
Learn more by visiting the web site where a great set of Movies is available.
Dr. Keith West, Design Cad.
Main CAD features:
- Entities: Point, Line, Polyline, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Rectangle, Text (single, multiline, arc), Hatch, Dimension (rotated, aligned, angular, ordinate, radial, diameter), Leader
- Raster images of various formats: BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG, PCX, etc.,
- Handles huge ER Mapper Compressed Wavelet (ECW) and Jpeg2000 images
- With TWAIN support you can acquire images directly from scanners and digital cameras
- Named objects: Block, Layer, Linetype, Text Style, Dimension Style, Multiline style, Layout (paper space)
- Supports Windows TTF fonts and AutoCAD SHP/SHX fonts
- Supports AutoCAD hatch patterns (PAT) and linetypes (LIN)
- Edit operations with entities: Copy, Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Explode, Erase, Join, Offset, Trim, Extend.
- Single objects can be edited by moving their control points (grips)
- Various snap modes allows you to draw/edit objects accurately without tedious calculations
- Snapping modes use ID markers to enhance operator speed and vision.
- Superior Polar Tracking capability
- Command line interface offers exact placement of objects. You can enter values for coordinates, lengths and angles from keyboard using AutoCAD nomenclature
- Event-driven mechanism allows your application to control user’s actions with a drawing
- Zoom capabilities allows you to view the entire drawing or any desired part of it.
- Mouse Wheel supports real-time Zoom and Pan. Double click for zoom extents.
- Access to all the properties of any object, either programmatically or via dialogs
- A unique identifier for each drawing object facilitates external database referencing
- Interface commands can be assigned directly to an application’s menus, buttons and accelerator keys
- Export / import of drawings with various file format via plugins
- The plugin interface is open for developers
- Can be programmed to read / write AutoCAD DXF drawings format
- Save/Read drawing to/from memory (BLOB fields)
- Print Preview
- Use Paper space layouts to prepare paper sheets ready for printing
- Clipboard copy and paste
- Undo-Redo buffer saves 100 commands
- Multi-language interface. Easy localization to any language.